October 9, 2012

Walking My Talk: Why I Became a Health Coach

Today I got to return to Lesley University as a guest lecturer in a class called a Holistic Approach to Healing.

I've spoken there many times over the past year but today was special.

It was my first time speaking there, in my new body. Two months post-surgery and a huge smile on my face, I greeted two back to back classes of 30+ students and shared my life story.

Piece of cake, right?

Actually, it is.

This is my chosen career- to be a motivational speaker. And I love every second of it.

Sharing my story is one small way I can honor everyone who helped me get here, and be a visible presence for anyone who needs a little inspiration. Or a lot of it.

My story is one of hope and resiliency. I never gave up on myself, no matter what struggles I came across. I just always knew I had to keep going and now I feel on top of the world.

Thank you for watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Peeps Who Peep This Website