October 29, 2012

"Hurricane Sandy" Cocoa Oat Truffles



I've had this recipe from Whole Foods Market sitting on my counter for, oh, I don't know, maybe a month?

Nothing like a little restlessness and impending hurricane-bound cabin fever to get a guy in the kitchen!
No day like today to make something that doesn't require a fridge to keep it tasty. ;) I added a few additional ingredients but have to give credit where credit's due. Thanks, WFM. ;)

Remember: ORGANIC ingredients are always your best bet. 

COCOA OAT TRUFFLES

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oats

1 cup finely chopped pitted dates

1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided (I used raw cacao by Navitas)

1/2 cup almond butter

1/4 raisins

1/4 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds

2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

pinch nutmeg

pinch cinnamon

hint:
you want to use a food processor that is bigger than the 21-ounce machine I used. When everything didn't fit, I tried to use my Vitamix and learned something: Vitamix machines don't make good food processors.

Place oats in a food processor and process until finely ground.

Add dates, cocoa, almond butter, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and process together until finely ground and sticking together.

Roll into balls in your palms about 2 tsp each, pressing firmly so the mixture stays together.

Place remaining cocoa on a shallow plate and roll each ball into the powder. (I skipped this step because I was tired and there's a hurricane coming).

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Peeps Who Peep This Website