September 14, 2011

A Drink of Water Before Bed

When I first saw this ad, I did a double take. And then I took a picture of it, because if it captured my interest, I thought it would make a great blog post.


Dream Water.



As in, water with sleep aids added to help you sleep. 


Really? REALLY?!


I checked out the website for this product and it's fairly typical marketing--the problem (you can't sleep, in fact 50-70 million Americans share the same problem!) and the way this product will work to help with this problem.


Here's my take: this water won't work for me simply because I'll have to pee during the night from drinking it before bed! 

The ingredients are "natural" and not horrible: GABA helps you relax, Melatonin helps induce sleep and 5 HTP promotes sleep and relaxation --per the SleepWater website


I, however, am not a fan of relying on anything on a consistent basis to help remedy anything that ails me. I am a complex human being and no single issue in my life is caused by one single thing nor solved by any one magic solution.


So, I take my own advice and deconstruct the issue. Disturbed, interrupted sleep. What are the causes? What are my stressors? What are my coping skills? Which are working? Which aren't?


I can say beyond the shadow of a doubt that one of the reasons my sleep is interrupted is from drinking water too late at night. I'll scratch that habit, and prospects of buying this product, off my to-do list.

1 comment:

Popular Posts

Peeps Who Peep This Website