November 19, 2011

Taking The Leap

So, last month I clicked on a craigslist ad (no, not that kind) and found myself applying for an audition for a brand-new-to-Boston improv troupe coming this Spring.


Got a warm, welcoming reply to apply from the creater/founder and then what did I do?


I froze. Paralyzed by limiting beliefs.

"I have no improv experience"
"I have no time"
"I won't get chosen"
"I haven't been on stage since I was 17 years old"
"They won't create space for LGBTQ advocacy"

For about 2 weeks, I sat with these thoughts and didn't apply.

And then, I decided to take a step forward, realizing that nothing ventured equals nothing gained.



I have accomplished SO MUCH in my brief life thus far (brief compared to how many years I have before I reach 100) and the BEST things happened when I was really afraid but Took The Leap anyway.

Well...here's what happened...





Find out more at: http://www.fireballimprov.com and stay tuned for UPDATES from me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Dillan! Improv takes so much courage. Can't wait to come see you in an improv show!
    -Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Peeps Who Peep This Website