April 20, 2011

Lesley Love and a HUGE inspiring kick in the butt!

So the post for today is short but REALLY sweet!

I have to send huge love and thanks to my pals at Lesley University: Sue, Michele and Jan. You all are amazing rockstars who have provided me with tremendous opportunities to share my skills and passion for health coaching with the people closest to you in your work environment. Thank you for adding to the ripple effect!



SHOUT-OUT to the students in Jan's class (email me and keep in touch) and the great folks who attended my workshops on Staff Development Day and Eco-Week!






And please please read this email I received from one of my beautiful clients, Trish. I asked for her permission to share this incredible message I received from her yesterday. She moved me to tears.

READ and SHARE IT with people you love and tell them to do the thing they think they cannot do.

Dear Dillan,
I know I'll see you tomorrow but thought I'd share a cool experience from the weekend.  After 4 years and 2 failed attempts at trying out for another league, I am so excited about having skated in my first roller derby bout on Saturday.  I'm still glowing about it, and even though we lost, the day as a whole was the most amazing thing.  I tend to feel like things conspire against me to make it so that things I really want (or at least think I want) don't happen, and so I spent a lot of time worrying about what might happen that would take this goal away from me.  Was I going to trip over something at home and hurt myself and not able to skate?  Was I going to get sick so I wasn't at my best?  You get the idea.  Saturday came, I got up early and put some songs together on my iPod to listen to on the way to the bout.  After a nice breakfast with my team, we went off to the arena.  I won't be able to express it well, but the feeling I got when walking out onto the floor of the (then empty) arena was incredible.  It was huge, it was awesome and most importantly, I was going to skate!  The long story short is that I had about 20 people who came to watch me (out of a crowd of about 1200) and I felt such amazing love and support from them all.  Our team lost in overtime, but I couldn't have been happier. I have a ton to still work on, but no matter what happens in the rest of my life, I can say that I persevered and DID IT.

So yesterday, as I was watching runners after they finished the marathon (I work in the Back Bay) I thought about all the hard work and training they had put in as well, and while I didn't run a literal marathon, I ran a marathon of my own.  I didn't give up.  I kept at it, and I reached a goal.  It felt awesome and I hoped those runners were feeling the same way.

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Trish




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Peeps Who Peep This Website